An attempt to get our students to engage more during remote learning.
Here is what your teachers are finding frustrating about teaching online via Webex.
- I’m finding it really hard to engage students at times verbally- they feel like they are talking to a brick wall- even when I cold call students.
- Really easy for kids to opt-out (turn their webcams and mics off) and blame other things, like the internet, laptop problems, etc.
- Students who just refuse to engage, will not turn on camera or mic
- Webcams – students do not turn them on – low engagement
- A phenomenal amount of time spent on emails – detracting from time spent on creating engaging online tasks.
Here is what some of you are saying via student surveys:
- The teachers just talk and talk and talk.
- You can’t ask a question without everyone else hearing or seeing.
- We are getting too much work.
We know students have worked out that you can turn…
View original post 1,024 more words